Hockey Families Are The Best!
- Some of our best friendships have been forged at the rink. Please meet everyone around you, don’t be shy.
- Remember that its ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!! Please let the players play, coaches’ coach, and referees call the game.
- Cheer on ALL of the players and please refrain from talking negatively about another player, this only damages the team concept.
- If you would like to volunteer for anything, please understand that you will need to satisfy the State requirements with SafeSport and Background Checks.
- If you need something, say so!
- If your player cannot attend a practice or game, please give your coach and team manager a heads up as soon as possible.
Player Ice Time is Earned Based On:
- Unselfish team play
- We are happy to hear your input, however, we may not always agree with your view and you may not always agree with our view, please respect that we are trying to balance what is best for ALL of the kids for the team as a whole. Coaches care for every player, you care for, generally speaking, one. Coaches volunteer countless hours for further education, certificates of training that are NOT free, and dedicate themselves to your kids and the game.
The 24 - Hour Rule:
- If you are unhappy, uneasy or dis-satisfied with something that is going on during a practice or game, please call, email or text the coach to set up a time to discuss in person. We will be happy to discuss issues; however, we would ask that we both have a 24 hour “cool off” period so that we have a chance to process a situation(s). We ask that we only speak about your player - we don’t want to discuss other kids on the team. (This DOES NOT apply to situations that are behavioral in manner, locker room problems, etc. Player Safety is paramount!)
- We know that kids' sports and parental behavior lends itself beautifully to unleashing the comically absurd among us. What we predominantly hear about through media at the national, local or social level, is that all parents are crazy. Let’s not see each other on YouTube in an embarrassing video.
Please remember that when it comes down to it - the kids are playing a game and we are honored to be a part of it…